Erie is a city in Pennsylvania. It was originally formed in the year 1800 but reconstructed in 1803. It is known for its natural beauty. The city offers a great look at and escape to nature. It has several parks and zoos which makes it rich in flora and fauna. It also has various water parks and archaeological buildings for learning and enjoyment.
Places to visit:
- Presque Isle State Park– The place well known for its beaches, light house with a peaceful environment.
- Wald Ameer Park & Water World – This amusement park was formed and opened in the year 1896. It features more than 75 roller coasters, water slides, kids ride, carousel & more.
- Splash Lagoon- It offers various slides, a lazy river, a ropes course, tropical pool areas, arcade & laser tag.
- Flagship Niagara League- It is popularly known as the ‘US Brig Niagara’, was opened and settled in the year 1813.
- Erie Zoo- It was opened in the year 1930. It is a habitat to kangaroos, giraffes, gorillas, a children's playground, a greenhouse & an ice-skating rink.
- Bicentennial Tower- It is a 187-ft long tower. It has 2 observation decks allowing exotic views of Lake Erie & the city.
- Erie Maritime Museum- It was constructed and opened in the year 1998. It offers exciting displays and exhibitions.
Places to stay:
- Avalon Erie Hotel & Conference Center- It is a renowned hotel with free Wi-Fi, on-site dining & multiple meeting facilities.
- Downtown Erie Hotel- It is a modern hotel having heated outdoor pool & free continental breakfast.
- Clarion Hotel Lake Erie- It has elegant rooms along with free Wi-Fi, dining, a heated indoor pool & a sauna.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Erie- It has the most vibrant rooms along with facilities like an indoor pool, free Wi-Fi, hot breakfast & parking.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton- It offers free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, an indoor pool & a fitness center.